It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It is an event. And it can be a pretty expensive event. With how rare people are buying mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. The alternative is a choice between a second-hand mattress that has been soiled or is almost completely broken.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress Which Dreamcloud Jobs
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress brings about the advantages of both the innerspring mattress and the foam mattress.
Just by looking at its name, it is easy to tell what hybrid mattress is made up of. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||No Shipping Charge||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
In my experience, the DreamCloud mattress feels more firm than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. It is composed of individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The transition layer is made up of poly foam that quickly responds to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. As the sleeper sinks into the bed, this provides pressure relief.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress on Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These factors also depend on the type of sleeper. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Side sleepers with light sides – DreamCloud mattresses are just as comfortable for side sleepers as they are for back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. These sleepers should consider a softer bed.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. This mattress will provide a great balance between support and relief.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud was unable to offer that firmness. Which Dreamcloud Jobs
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
Comfortable beds and mattresses must be able provide relief from different pains throughout the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. As such, people with hip pain would be better off with a foam or memory foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. Which Dreamcloud Jobs
The best beds for sex are those who offer a decent to good bounce. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
This bounce is provided by the DreamCloud’s support coils, while the top layer offers the most comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
DreamClouds’ Mattress Price
The DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is perfect for those who are looking for a taste of luxury while still being able to save as much as they can.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- For those who seek luxury at an affordable price, bed-seekers will be happy to pay for it.
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People looking for the sinking feeling of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed Which Dreamcloud Jobs
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions Which Dreamcloud Jobs
Why is the DreamCloud mattress much cheaper than the competition despite it being a “luxury” brand?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
As a company, DreamCloud believes that great sleep should be accessible to everyone. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. What they come up with is the bed that we are reviewing right now.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
No, the DreamCloud mattress is not a portable bed and it is not easy to fold and transport.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This can only be done with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long will my DreamCloud mattress last?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. Which Dreamcloud Jobs