It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. It can also be quite expensive. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. The alternative is a choice between a second-hand mattress that has been soiled or is almost completely broken.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress What\’S Dreamcloud Return Policy
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. After reading this review, you can decide for yourself.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIghts||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Anatomy of a Mattress: What is DreamClouds Made Of
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This is the layer that gives the bed its bounce, firmness, and support. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. It is the transition layer between the layer of soft memory foam above and the layer of coils springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress on Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. What\’S Dreamcloud Return Policy
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer may not be strong enough to support the weight. This could lead to the sleeper sinking into the coil layer, which can cause uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
The comfort of the mattress for couples is a true test. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. What\’S Dreamcloud Return Policy
The best beds for sex are those who offer a decent to good bounce. You should be able to respond, especially for couples looking to experience the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. The DreamCloud is able to take a beating (pun intended), while the couple does the work.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 64″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- For those who seek luxury at an affordable price, bed-seekers will be happy to pay for it.
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Strict side sleepers. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People looking for the sinking feeling of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed What\’S Dreamcloud Return Policy
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
The DreamCloud Mattress is a great hybrid mattress. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. People who liked the mattress at first sight have all fallen in love with it. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. Well, it is a resounding yes, just as long as it meets what you are looking for.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions What\’S Dreamcloud Return Policy
Why is the DreamCloud mattress much cheaper than the competition despite it being a “luxury” brand?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. DreamCloud is a purveyor of great sleep and they paid extra attention to the final price of the luxury mattress. What they come up with is the bed that we are reviewing right now.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
The combination of high quality materials, gel-infused comfort layer and the evenly placed, individually wrapped support coils make for a bed that has excellent cooling features and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
No, the DreamCloud mattress is not a portable bed and it is not easy to fold and transport.
The mattress is vacuum compressed and compressed to the size of a square foot when it arrives at your home. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long will my DreamCloud mattress last?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. It does not include possible damage from unusual use and abuse.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. What\’S Dreamcloud Return Policy