It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. It can also be quite expensive. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everybody has their own needs, desires, and kinks. This is also true for their sleeping habits and patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. The alternative is a choice between a second-hand mattress that has been soiled or is almost completely broken.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress What Sheets Fit Dreamcloud Mattress
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yep you heard that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. Mainly they offer two different beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
This review will focus on the DreamCloud hybrid.
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIghts||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Anatomy of a Mattress: What is DreamClouds Made Of
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- The Base Layer where we find a thin section of poly foam. It might seem redundant to place a layer of foam on the base layer as sleepers wouldn’t be able feel it, but it serves another purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This is the layer that gives the bed its bounce, firmness, and support. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The transition layer is made up of poly foam that quickly responds to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. As the sleeper sinks into the bed, this provides pressure relief.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress on Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. These factors allowed us to create a distinction between how DreamCloud feels.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud was unable to offer that firmness. What Sheets Fit Dreamcloud Mattress
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. As such, people with hip pain would be better off with a foam or memory foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is quite well known that mattresses that are used by two or more different individuals can dish out more “abuse” than a single person.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. What Sheets Fit Dreamcloud Mattress
The best beds for sex are those who offer a decent to good bounce. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
This bounce is provided by the DreamCloud’s support coils, while the top layer offers the most comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
Thus, it is a pleasure to report that the DreamCloud Mattress still sleeps super cool even if there are two people lying on it. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
DreamCloud Mattress Recommendations: To Dream or not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples with different sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People looking for the sinking feeling of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed What Sheets Fit Dreamcloud Mattress
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. Its combination of foam and coils provide a good balance between comfort and bounce that you can find rarely at this price point.
It has its merits and at what it does, it excels. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. This mattress is a true treasure.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions What Sheets Fit Dreamcloud Mattress
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
The combination of high quality materials, gel-infused comfort layer and the evenly placed, individually wrapped support coils make for a bed that has excellent cooling features and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long will my DreamCloud mattress last?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. What Sheets Fit Dreamcloud Mattress