It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. And it can be a pretty expensive event. With how rare people are buying mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everybody has their own needs, desires, and kinks. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress The Dreamcloud Premier
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress brings about the advantages of both the innerspring mattress and the foam mattress.
Just by looking at its name, it is easy to tell what hybrid mattress is made up of. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
This review will focus on the DreamCloud hybrid.
Although it may sound unbelievable, DreamCloud mattresses will make you feel like a baby and provide the luxury of a king’s bed. After reading this review, you can decide for yourself.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|No Shipping Charge
Firmness: How Hard is the DreamCloud Mattress
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
In my experience, the DreamCloud mattress feels more firm than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. It might seem redundant to place a layer of foam on the base layer as sleepers wouldn’t be able feel it, but it serves another purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. It is luxurious and soft to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
Of course, the part that we have all been waiting for. How does the DreamCloud Mattress perform on the different aspects of sleeping. Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These factors also depend on the type of sleeper. These factors allowed us to create a distinction between how DreamCloud feels.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. These sleepers should consider a softer bed.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. While some people may feel sufficient comfort, others may find the mattress too firm. Side sleepers should choose mattresses that provide maximum support.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. The Dreamcloud Premier
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Heavy Side Sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress might not be the perfect bed for strict side sleepers of this weight type. The comfort layer may not be strong enough to support the weight. This could lead to the sleeper sinking into the coil layer, which can cause uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. The Dreamcloud Premier
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. The DreamCloud is able to take a beating (pun intended), while the couple does the work.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
Thus, it is a pleasure to report that the DreamCloud Mattress still sleeps super cool even if there are two people lying on it. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is perfect for those who are looking for a taste of luxury while still being able to save as much as they can.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|38″ x 75″
|54″ x 75″.
|60″ x 80″
|76″ x 80″
|72″ x 84″
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples with different sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People looking for the sinking feeling of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed The Dreamcloud Premier
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. This mattress is a true treasure.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions The Dreamcloud Premier
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
As a company, DreamCloud believes that great sleep should be accessible to everyone. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. What they come up with is the bed that we are reviewing right now.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
The combination of high quality materials, gel-infused comfort layer and the evenly placed, individually wrapped support coils make for a bed that has excellent cooling features and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
The mattress is vacuum compressed and compressed to the size of a square foot when it arrives at your home. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. The Dreamcloud Premier