It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It is an event. It can also be quite expensive. With how rare people are buying mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everybody has their own needs, desires, and kinks. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Sleep Authority Dreamcloud
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
Just by looking at its name, it is easy to tell what hybrid mattress is made up of. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. Mainly they offer two different beds. There are two types of DreamCloud Hybrids: the Dreamcloud Premier and the standard DreamCloud Hybrid.
This review will focus on the DreamCloud hybrid.
Although it may sound unbelievable, DreamCloud mattresses will make you feel like a baby and provide the luxury of a king’s bed. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||No Shipping Charge||Warranty||Price range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIghts||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: How Hard is the DreamCloud Mattress
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Mattresses can be made or destroyed based on how they feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
In my experience, the DreamCloud mattress feels more firm than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. The combination of both foam and spring gives the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress an advantage over other mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The main support system for the mattress is located in the support layer. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. It is the transition layer between the layer of soft memory foam above and the layer of coils springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. It is luxurious and soft to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. These factors allowed us to create a distinction between how DreamCloud feels.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Side sleepers with light sides – DreamCloud mattresses are just as comfortable for side sleepers as they are for back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will feel at ease on the DreamCloud because it is firm. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. This mattress will provide a great balance between support and relief.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. While some people may feel sufficient comfort, others may find the mattress too firm. Side sleepers should choose mattresses that provide maximum support.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud was unable to offer that firmness. Sleep Authority Dreamcloud
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Heavy Side Sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress might not be the perfect bed for strict side sleepers of this weight type. The comfort layer may not be strong enough to support the weight. This could lead to the sleeper sinking into the coil layer, which can cause uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is quite well known that mattresses that are used by two or more different individuals can dish out more “abuse” than a single person.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Sleep Authority Dreamcloud
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
DreamClouds’ Mattress Price
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 64″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
DreamCloud Mattress Recommendations: To Dream or not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples with different sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed Sleep Authority Dreamcloud
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions Sleep Authority Dreamcloud
Why is the DreamCloud mattress much cheaper than the competition despite it being a “luxury” brand?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
No, the DreamCloud mattress is not a portable bed and it is not easy to fold and transport.
The mattress is vacuum compressed and compressed to the size of a square foot when it arrives at your home. This is only possible with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Sleep Authority Dreamcloud