It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. It can also be quite expensive. With how rare people are buying mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress Plushbeds Vs Dreamcloud
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress brings about the advantages of both the innerspring mattress and the foam mattress.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. Their hybrid mattresses offer luxury comfort at a great value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. They offer two beds. There are two types of DreamCloud Hybrids: the Dreamcloud Premier and the standard DreamCloud Hybrid.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|No Shipping Charge
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. It might seem redundant to place a layer of foam on the base layer as sleepers wouldn’t be able feel it, but it serves another purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The main support system for the mattress is located in the support layer. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is composed of a gel memory foam layer with a slow response time to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
Of course, the part that we have all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. These sleepers should consider a softer bed.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. This mattress will provide a great balance between support and relief.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Plushbeds Vs Dreamcloud
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Heavy Side Sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress might not be the perfect bed for strict side sleepers of this weight type. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
Comfortable beds and mattresses must be able provide relief from different pains throughout the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. Side sleepers will find it sufficient comfort. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. As such, people with hip pain would be better off with a foam or memory foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
The comfort of the mattress for couples is a true test. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. Plushbeds Vs Dreamcloud
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|54″ x 75″.
|72″ x 64″
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. The review shows that the DreamCloud Mattress does not work well with side sleepers of any size.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Plushbeds Vs Dreamcloud
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
The DreamCloud Mattress is a great hybrid mattress. Its combination of foam and coils provide a good balance between comfort and bounce that you can find rarely at this price point.
It has its merits and at what it does, it excels. People who liked the mattress at first sight have all fallen in love with it. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. Well, it is a resounding yes, just as long as it meets what you are looking for.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Plushbeds Vs Dreamcloud
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. DreamCloud is a purveyor of great sleep and they paid extra attention to the final price of the luxury mattress. What they come up with is the bed that we are reviewing right now.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
The combination of high quality materials, gel-infused comfort layer and the evenly placed, individually wrapped support coils make for a bed that has excellent cooling features and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. It does not include possible damage from unusual use and abuse.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. Plushbeds Vs Dreamcloud