It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It is an event. And it can be a pretty expensive event. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Vs Zotto
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. Their hybrid mattresses offer luxury comfort at a great value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Although it may sound unbelievable, DreamCloud mattresses will make you feel like a baby and provide the luxury of a king’s bed. After reading this review, you can decide for yourself.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
In my experience, the DreamCloud mattress feels more firm than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It acts as a cushion that allows coils to bounce off of.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. It is composed of individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. It is the transition layer between the layer of soft memory foam above and the layer of coils springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Side sleepers with light sides – DreamCloud mattresses are just as comfortable for side sleepers as they are for back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will feel at ease on the DreamCloud because it is firm. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. While some people may feel sufficient comfort, others may find the mattress too firm. Side sleepers should choose mattresses that provide maximum support.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud Vs Zotto
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer may not be strong enough to support the weight. This could lead to the sleeper sinking into the coil layer, which can cause uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
Comfortable beds and mattresses must be able provide relief from different pains throughout the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is quite well known that mattresses that are used by two or more different individuals can dish out more “abuse” than a single person.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Dreamcloud Vs Zotto
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is perfect for those who are looking for a taste of luxury while still being able to save as much as they can.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 64″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, the DreamCloud will have people who love it and others who don’t.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Dreamcloud Vs Zotto
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. People who liked the mattress at first sight have all fallen in love with it. This mattress is a true treasure.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. Well, it is a resounding yes, just as long as it meets what you are looking for.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Vs Zotto
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. DreamCloud is a purveyor of great sleep and they paid extra attention to the final price of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
The combination of high quality materials, gel-infused comfort layer and the evenly placed, individually wrapped support coils make for a bed that has excellent cooling features and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
No, the DreamCloud mattress is not a portable bed and it is not easy to fold and transport.
The mattress is vacuum compressed and compressed to the size of a square foot when it arrives at your home. This can only be done with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long will my DreamCloud mattress last?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
That said, this is only true if the mattress is cared for and used properly. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud Vs Zotto