It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. It can also be quite expensive. With how rare people are buying mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Vs Nolah Mattress
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. Mainly they offer two different beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Although it may sound unbelievable, DreamCloud mattresses will make you feel like a baby and provide the luxury of a king’s bed. After reading this review, you can decide for yourself.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Anatomy of a Mattress: What is DreamClouds Made Of
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- The Base Layer where we find a thin section of poly foam. It might seem redundant to place a layer of foam on the base layer as sleepers wouldn’t be able feel it, but it serves another purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. It is composed of individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. It is the transition layer between the layer of soft memory foam above and the layer of coils springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is composed of a gel memory foam layer with a slow response time to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. How does the DreamCloud Mattress perform on the different aspects of sleeping. Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress on Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These factors also depend on the type of sleeper. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. These sleepers should consider a softer bed.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will feel at ease on the DreamCloud because it is firm. Even heavier sleepers might find greater comfort.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. While some people may feel sufficient comfort, others may find the mattress too firm. Side sleepers should choose mattresses that provide maximum support.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud was unable to offer that firmness. Dreamcloud Vs Nolah Mattress
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress provides a decent amount of comfort in the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. As such, people with hip pain would be better off with a foam or memory foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
The comfort of the mattress for couples is a true test. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. Dreamcloud Vs Nolah Mattress
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. You should be able to respond, especially for couples looking to experience the Kama Sutra experience.
This bounce is provided by the DreamCloud’s support coils, while the top layer offers the most comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
Thus, it is a pleasure to report that the DreamCloud Mattress still sleeps super cool even if there are two people lying on it. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, the DreamCloud will have people who love it and others who don’t.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Strict side sleepers. The review shows that the DreamCloud Mattress does not work well with side sleepers of any size.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed Dreamcloud Vs Nolah Mattress
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. Its combination of foam and coils provide a good balance between comfort and bounce that you can find rarely at this price point.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. People who liked the mattress at first sight have all fallen in love with it. This mattress is a true treasure.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Vs Nolah Mattress
Why is the DreamCloud mattress much cheaper than the competition despite it being a “luxury” brand?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
The mattress is vacuum compressed and compressed to the size of a square foot when it arrives at your home. This can only be done with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud Vs Nolah Mattress