It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It is an event. And it can be a pretty expensive event. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This is also true for their sleeping habits and patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. The alternative is a choice between a second-hand mattress that has been soiled or is almost completely broken.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Vs Allswell Hybrid
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. Their hybrid mattresses offer luxury comfort at a great value.
Yep you heard that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. They offer two beds. There are two types of DreamCloud Hybrids: the Dreamcloud Premier and the standard DreamCloud Hybrid.
This review will focus on the DreamCloud hybrid.
Although it may sound unbelievable, DreamCloud mattresses will make you feel like a baby and provide the luxury of a king’s bed. After reading this review, you can decide for yourself.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||No Shipping Charge||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Mattresses can be made or destroyed based on how they feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. The combination of both foam and spring gives the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress an advantage over other mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. It might seem redundant to place a layer of foam on the base layer as sleepers wouldn’t be able feel it, but it serves another purpose. It acts as a cushion that allows coils to bounce off of.
- The main support system for the mattress is located in the support layer. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is composed of a gel memory foam layer with a slow response time to pressure. As the sleeper sinks into the bed, this provides pressure relief.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
Of course, the part that we have all been waiting for. How does the DreamCloud Mattress perform on the different aspects of sleeping. Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These factors also depend on the type of sleeper. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. These sleepers should consider a softer bed.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. Even heavier sleepers might find greater comfort.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. While some people may feel sufficient comfort, others may find the mattress too firm. Side sleepers should choose mattresses that provide maximum support.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud Vs Allswell Hybrid
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. Side sleepers will find it sufficient comfort. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is quite well known that mattresses that are used by two or more different individuals can dish out more “abuse” than a single person.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Dreamcloud Vs Allswell Hybrid
The best beds for sex are those who offer a decent to good bounce. You should be able to respond, especially for couples looking to experience the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. The DreamCloud is able to take a beating (pun intended), while the couple does the work.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
DreamClouds’ Mattress Price
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
DreamCloud Mattress Recommendations: To Dream or not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Strict side sleepers. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People looking for the sinking feeling of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Dreamcloud Vs Allswell Hybrid
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. Its combination of foam and coils provide a good balance between comfort and bounce that you can find rarely at this price point.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. This mattress is a true treasure.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. Well, it is a resounding yes, just as long as it meets what you are looking for.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Vs Allswell Hybrid
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
No, the DreamCloud mattress is not a portable bed and it is not easy to fold and transport.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long will my DreamCloud mattress last?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
That said, this is only true if the mattress is cared for and used properly. It does not include possible damage from unusual use and abuse.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. Dreamcloud Vs Allswell Hybrid