It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. And it can be a pretty expensive event. With how rare people are buying mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This is also true for their sleeping habits and patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud No Longer Tufting
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. Mainly they offer two different beds. There are two types of DreamCloud Hybrids: the Dreamcloud Premier and the standard DreamCloud Hybrid.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||No Shipping Charge||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- The Base Layer where we find a thin section of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It acts as a cushion that allows coils to bounce off of.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. As the sleeper sinks into the bed, this provides pressure relief.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. It is luxurious and soft to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These factors also depend on the type of sleeper. These factors allowed us to create a distinction between how DreamCloud feels.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud was unable to offer that firmness. Dreamcloud No Longer Tufting
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Heavy Side Sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress might not be the perfect bed for strict side sleepers of this weight type. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress provides a decent amount of comfort in the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
The comfort of the mattress for couples is a true test. It is quite well known that mattresses that are used by two or more different individuals can dish out more “abuse” than a single person.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Dreamcloud No Longer Tufting
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is perfect for those who are looking for a taste of luxury while still being able to save as much as they can.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, the DreamCloud will have people who love it and others who don’t.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples with different sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Dreamcloud No Longer Tufting
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
The DreamCloud Mattress is a great hybrid mattress. Its combination of foam and coils provide a good balance between comfort and bounce that you can find rarely at this price point.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. People who liked the mattress at first sight have all fallen in love with it. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress is something I recommend. Well, it is a resounding yes, just as long as it meets what you are looking for.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud No Longer Tufting
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. What they come up with is the bed that we are reviewing right now.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
That said, this is only true if the mattress is cared for and used properly. It does not include possible damage from unusual use and abuse.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud No Longer Tufting