It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It is an event. It can also be quite expensive. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This is also true for their sleeping habits and patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Meaning Of Dreams
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress brings about the advantages of both the innerspring mattress and the foam mattress.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. Mainly they offer two different beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. After reading this review, you can decide for yourself.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: How Hard is the DreamCloud Mattress
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
In my experience, the DreamCloud mattress feels more firm than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- The Base Layer where we find a thin section of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is composed of a gel memory foam layer with a slow response time to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
Manufacturers at DreamCLoud were also very smart in infusing this layer with cooling gel, which combined with the placement of the support layers, adds to the bed’s cool airflow.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
Of course, the part that we have all been waiting for. How does the DreamCloud Mattress perform on the different aspects of sleeping. Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. Even heavier sleepers might find greater comfort.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud was unable to offer that firmness. Dreamcloud Meaning Of Dreams
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Heavy Side Sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress might not be the perfect bed for strict side sleepers of this weight type. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
Comfortable beds and mattresses must be able provide relief from different pains throughout the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. Side sleepers will find it sufficient comfort. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. As such, people with hip pain would be better off with a foam or memory foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Dreamcloud Meaning Of Dreams
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. You should be able to respond, especially for couples looking to experience the Kama Sutra experience.
This bounce is provided by the DreamCloud’s support coils, while the top layer offers the most comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
Thus, it is a pleasure to report that the DreamCloud Mattress still sleeps super cool even if there are two people lying on it. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
DreamClouds’ Mattress Price
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples with different sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. The review shows that the DreamCloud Mattress does not work well with side sleepers of any size.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Dreamcloud Meaning Of Dreams
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Meaning Of Dreams
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
As a company, DreamCloud believes that great sleep should be accessible to everyone. DreamCloud is a purveyor of great sleep and they paid extra attention to the final price of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This can only be done with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
That said, this is only true if the mattress is cared for and used properly. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. Dreamcloud Meaning Of Dreams