It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. And it can be a pretty expensive event. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everybody has their own needs, desires, and kinks. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. The alternative is a choice between a second-hand mattress that has been soiled or is almost completely broken.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Mattress Size Chart
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress brings about the advantages of both the innerspring mattress and the foam mattress.
Just by looking at its name, it is easy to tell what hybrid mattress is made up of. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIghts||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Mattresses can be made or destroyed based on how they feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
In my experience, the DreamCloud mattress feels more firm than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. It might seem redundant to place a layer of foam on the base layer as sleepers wouldn’t be able feel it, but it serves another purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This is the layer that gives the bed its bounce, firmness, and support. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The transition layer is made up of poly foam that quickly responds to pressure. It is the transition layer between the layer of soft memory foam above and the layer of coils springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. It is luxurious and soft to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. How does the DreamCloud Mattress perform on the different aspects of sleeping. Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress on Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud Mattress Size Chart
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It can cause excessive pressure, which could make it uncomfortable over time. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
For couples with different sleeping patterns, beds with low motion transfer are preferred. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. Dreamcloud Mattress Size Chart
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
This bounce is provided by the DreamCloud’s support coils, while the top layer offers the most comfort. The DreamCloud is able to take a beating (pun intended), while the couple does the work.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, the DreamCloud will have people who love it and others who don’t.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- For those who seek luxury at an affordable price, bed-seekers will be happy to pay for it.
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Side sleepers who are strict. The review shows that the DreamCloud Mattress does not work well with side sleepers of any size.
- People looking for the sinking feeling of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Dreamcloud Mattress Size Chart
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its merits and at what it does, it excels. People who liked the mattress at first sight have all fallen in love with it. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Mattress Size Chart
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
As a company, DreamCloud believes that great sleep should be accessible to everyone. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
The combination of high quality materials, gel-infused comfort layer and the evenly placed, individually wrapped support coils make for a bed that has excellent cooling features and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
That said, this is only true if the mattress is cared for and used properly. It does not include possible damage from unusual use and abuse.
That said, should DreamCloud becomes damage through normal use, the company is willing to replace or repair the mattress at no charge at all. Dreamcloud Mattress Size Chart