It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It’s an occasion. It can also be quite expensive. It is amazing how few people buy mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
A mattress that is right for you should not be cheap. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
That is why you should spend good money on getting the best mattress you can. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Mattress Good Housekeeping
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. Their hybrid mattresses offer luxury comfort at a great value.
Yes, you read that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
This review will focus on the DreamCloud hybrid.
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||No Shipping Charge||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
All talks and reviews about mattresses should start with its firmness. Mattresses can be made or destroyed based on how they feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If I were to rank the firmness level on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the most rigid, I would rate the hybrid at 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. The combination of both foam and spring gives the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress an advantage over other mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It serves as a layer that allows coils to bounce on.
- The main support system for the mattress is located in the support layer. It is composed of individually wrapped coils. This layer is what gives the bounce, firmness and support of the bed. To promote airflow and cool the bed, the springs are evenly spaced.
- The layer of transition is made of poly foam, which responds quickly to pressure. It is the transition layer between the layer of soft memory foam above and the layer of coils springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. It is luxurious and soft to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress on Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will be able to provide plenty of support for this kind of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Side sleepers with light sides – DreamCloud mattresses are just as comfortable for side sleepers as they are for back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will feel at ease on the DreamCloud because it is firm. Even heavier sleepers might find greater comfort.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. This mattress will provide a great balance between support and relief.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average Weight Stomach Sleepers – These types of sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft for their liking. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud Mattress Good Housekeeping
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer may not be strong enough to support the weight. This could lead to the sleeper sinking into the coil layer, which can cause uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like heavy side sleepers and heavy stomachs, some people might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
Comfortable beds and mattresses must be able provide relief from different pains throughout the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill in the lower back, which results in pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress provides a decent amount of comfort in the shoulder area. Side sleepers will find it sufficient comfort. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is quite well known that mattresses that are used by two or more different individuals can dish out more “abuse” than a single person.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
The Dreamcloud Mattress seems to be doing a good job of keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Dreamcloud Mattress Good Housekeeping
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
This bounce is provided by the DreamCloud’s support coils, while the top layer offers the most comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
The DreamCloud is best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- Bed lookers who want a taste of luxury while remaining at an affordable price
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Strict side sleepers. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed Dreamcloud Mattress Good Housekeeping
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
The DreamCloud Mattress is a great hybrid mattress. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. This mattress is a true treasure.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Mattress Good Housekeeping
Why is the DreamCloud mattress much cheaper than the competition despite it being a “luxury” brand?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. DreamCloud is a purveyor of great sleep and they paid extra attention to the final price of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This can only be done with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud Mattress Good Housekeeping