It is not everyday one gets to buy a mattress. It is an event. It can also be quite expensive. With how rare people are buying mattresses. Mattress sales men and women will be competing to upsell you on the latest “trends’ and “technologies” out there.
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This is also true for their sleeping habits and patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Gold
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
Just by looking at its name, it is easy to tell what hybrid mattress is made up of. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. You get a mattress that gets both elements to work together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. Their hybrid mattresses offer luxury comfort at a great value.
Yep you heard that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. Mainly they offer two different beds. There are two types of DreamCloud Hybrids: the Dreamcloud Premier and the standard DreamCloud Hybrid.
This review will focus on the DreamCloud hybrid.
Although it may sound unbelievable, DreamCloud mattresses will make you feel like a baby and provide the luxury of a king’s bed. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||No Shipping Charge||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: How Hard is the DreamCloud Mattress
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. However, the firmness of a mattress is subjective.
A mattress might feel soft to a person who is smaller than the person next to them. That said, we should try to meet in the middle on judging this characteristic of the DreamCloud mattress.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Keep in mind that I tend to be heavier than the average sleeper, so the DreamCloud mattress is pointing towards the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
As a hybrid mattress, it will be no surprise that the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress will be made of both foam and spring. It is the balance of both that gives it an edge to other types of mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. The DreamCloud’s base is comprised of:
- The Base Layer where we find a thin section of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It acts as a cushion that allows coils to bounce off of.
- The support layer is where we find the main support system of the mattress. This is made up of tall individually wrapped coils. This is the layer that gives the bed its bounce, firmness, and support. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The transition layer is made up of poly foam that quickly responds to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is composed of a gel memory foam layer with a slow response time to pressure. This gives a sense of pressure relief as the sleeper sinks in the bed.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. You can even add a little foam to it!
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
Of course, the part that we have all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Are you satisfied with DreamCloud? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. Others might find the mattress too hard. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. This mattress will provide a great balance between support and relief.
- Side sleepers of average weight – Most side sleeping people will feel the same about the mattress. While some people may feel sufficient comfort, others may find the mattress too firm. Side sleepers should choose mattresses that provide maximum support.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud Gold
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Heavy Side Sleepers – The DreamCloud mattress might not be the perfect bed for strict side sleepers of this weight type. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. Afterall, can your really consider it as resting if you are still feeling pain in the side?
- Back pain – This mattress does a good job in relieving tension around the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress offers a reasonable amount of comfort for the shoulder area. Side sleepers will find it sufficient comfort. However, it is not the best at providing pressure relief in the shoulder area.
- Hip Pain – People suffering from hip pain might find the DreamCloud mattress too firm for their needs. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. As such, people with hip pain would be better off with a foam or memory foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
The comfort of the mattress for couples is a true test. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. Dreamcloud Gold
The best beds for sex are those who offer a decent to good bounce. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. The DreamCloud is able to take a beating (pun intended), while the couple does the work.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. The bed’s high-quality materials and smart design ensure that it remains cool.
The gel-infusion combined with the well-placed wrapped coils provide plenty of airflow and are just right.
DreamClouds’ Mattress Price
The DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is perfect for those who are looking for a taste of luxury while still being able to save as much as they can.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
Recommendations for DreamCloud Mattress: To Dream or Not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People who want a good mix of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- For those who seek luxury at an affordable price, bed-seekers will be happy to pay for it.
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. As seen in the review, it seems like the DreamCloud Mattress is just not compatible with side sleepers of all sizes.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who are looking for a more hugging feeling from their bed Dreamcloud Gold
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
The DreamCloud Mattress is a great hybrid mattress. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its merits and at what it does, it excels. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. It is just a shame that most side sleepers will not be able to enjoy this gem of a mattress.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Gold
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
As a company, DreamCloud believes that great sleep should be accessible to everyone. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
No, rather, the DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long will my DreamCloud mattress last?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud Gold