It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It is an event. It can also be quite expensive. With how rare people are buying mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This also applies to their sleeping habits or patterns.
Of course, you deserve to spend a few bucks or more to give your body the best and most comfortable sleep you can give it. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. You should spend that hard earned money for the best mattress out there.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud, you may still want to check out our article below.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud Extended Warranty
Among the types of mattresses available on the market, there is one that gives both comfort and support. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. By getting the comfortable upper layers of a foam mattress and putting it on top of the strong support layers of an inner coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
DreamCloud is one of these hybrid mattresses. It offers both the best and worst. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yep you heard that right. DreamCloud mattress offers luxury hybrid mattresses at the best value. Mainly they offer two different beds. There are two types of DreamCloud Hybrids: the Dreamcloud Premier and the standard DreamCloud Hybrid.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: What is it like to sleep on DreamCloud?
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Mattresses can be made or destroyed based on how they feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Mattress Anatomy: What are DreamClouds Made Of?
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. The combination of both foam and spring gives the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress an advantage over other mattresses.
The construction allows for both pressure relief and support. It is designed with airflow in mind to provide a cooler sleeping environment at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- We find the base layer, which is a thin piece of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It acts as a cushion that allows coils to bounce off of.
- The main support system for the mattress is located in the support layer. It is composed of individually wrapped coils. This is the layer that gives the bed its bounce, firmness, and support. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The transition layer is made up of poly foam that quickly responds to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- The comfort layer could probably be considered as DreamCloud’s main layer. It is composed of a gel memory foam layer with a slow response time to pressure. As the sleeper sinks into the bed, this provides pressure relief.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The Cover tops everything off with a special cashmere blend. It is luxurious and soft to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
This is the part we’ve all been waiting for. What is the DreamCloud Mattress’s performance on different aspects of sleep? Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? This is where we will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
As with how firm a bed feels, the comfort of a bed also depends on how well a person sleeps. These are also st, and what kind of sleeper they are. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. With the firmness of the DreamCloud mattress, light back sleepers will feel as if they are on top of the bed.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will also feel comfortable on the DreamCloud given that it has a firm feeling. Even heavier sleepers might find greater comfort.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers – Just as with the Light back sleepers, the DreamCloud mattress should provide a comfortable feel to shese sleepers. This mattress will provide a great balance between support and relief.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. For strict stomach sleepers, a firmer mattress is often recommended. This is so that the mattress can align the hips and shoulders. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud Extended Warranty
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress will offer the most comfort for back sleepers. The DreamCloud Mattress may even be the right mattress for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers might find their shoulders and spines thrown out of alignment and might create back pain over time.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
Comfortable beds and mattresses must be able provide relief from different pains throughout the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. The DreamCloud is definitely recommended for people with back pain.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress provides a decent amount of comfort in the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
A true test for both mattresses is how comfortable it is for couples to sleep on. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
Let’s see if the DreamCloud mattress can support and provide comfort for two or more people.
- Motion Transfer
When we refer to a bed’s motion transmission, we mean how much you can feel your bedmate moving.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows for one party to sleep comfortably even if the other party moves like a party animal while asleep.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is surprising of a hybrid mattress as the springs are mostly known to carry motion badly.
Overall, the DreamCloud is good at keeping motion transfer at a minimum but for bigger and larger movements, (getting in and getting out of bed) it might disturb the other party. Dreamcloud Extended Warranty
Good to moderate bounce is what makes beds best for sex. You should be able to respond, especially for couples looking to experience the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
A bed that is heated by more than one person can heat up. However, a bed that has two people sleeping on it will heat up quicker. Now temperature and cooling of the bed also matters when judging a bed’s comfort level.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. It is surprising that it costs less than the majority of its competition. This is perfect for those who are looking for a taste of luxury while still being able to save as much as they can.
Below is DreamCloud’s Price List.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
DreamCloud Mattress Recommendations: To Dream or not to Dream
Of course, like all mattresses, there are things that the DreamCloud can do and cannot do. As such, the DreamCloud will have people who love it and others who don’t.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples with different sleeping habits will have a hard time getting along
- Couples with different sizes
- For those who seek luxury at an affordable price, bed-seekers will be happy to pay for it.
- Hot sleepers
Meanwhile the DreamCloud might not meet the needs of the following people:
- Side sleepers who are strict. The review shows that the DreamCloud Mattress does not work well with side sleepers of any size.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed Dreamcloud Extended Warranty
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. Its combination of foam and coils provide a good balance between comfort and bounce that you can find rarely at this price point.
It has its strengths and excels at what it does. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. This mattress is a true treasure.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. Well, it is a resounding yes, just as long as it meets what you are looking for.
DreamCloud Mattress: Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud Extended Warranty
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
This is the answer: the philosophy of mattress manufacturers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. DreamCloud is a purveyor of great sleep and they paid extra attention to the final price of the luxury mattress. This is what they came up with, and it’s the bed we are currently reviewing.
Does the DreamCloud “sleep hot”?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable mattress?
The DreamCloud mattress cannot be folded and transported.
The mattress is vacuum compressed and compressed to the size of a square foot when it arrives at your home. This is only possible with a machine. The DreamCloud can’t be refolded after it is released.
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last between 7 to 10 years.
That said, this is only true if the mattress is cared for and used properly. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud Extended Warranty