It’s not every day that one can buy a mattress. It is an event. It can also be quite expensive. With how rare people are buying mattresses. There will be many mattress salesmen and women trying to sell you the latest “trends” and “technologies.”
Buying a mattress that suits your needs and wants should be expensive. Everyone has different kinks, wants, and needs. This is also true for their sleeping habits and patterns.
You are entitled to spend a little more money to ensure your body gets the best, most restful sleep possible. Otherwise, the alternative would be a lottery between an almost broken or flea-infested second-hand mattress.
This is why it’s important to spend a lot of money on the best mattress. Spend your hard-earned money on the best mattress.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Matthew Melton’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of DreamCloud.
The DreamCloud Mattress Dreamcloud 1199 King
There are many types of mattresses on the market. But there is one that offers both support and comfort. The hybrid mattress combines the best of the innerspring and foam mattresses.
It is easy to identify what a hybrid mattress is by just looking at the name. You can get the soft, comfortable layers of a foam mattress on top of the supportive layers of an inner-coil mattress. The mattress will have both the inner and outer coil layers working together.
The DreamCloud mattress is among these so-called hybrid mattresses that offers the best of both worlds. The great thing about their hybrid mattresses however is that it is luxury comfort for the best value.
Yep you heard that right. DreamCloud mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress at an affordable price. They offer two beds. They have the standard DreamCloud Hybrid and the Dreamcloud Premier.
For the purpose of this review, we will be focusing on the DreamCloud hybrid
Yes, it might sound too good to be true, but believe me, with the DreamCloud mattress, you’ll be sleeping soundly like a baby with the comfort of the king. You can judge for yourself after reading this review.
DreamCloud Mattress Quick Stats
|Material||Firmness||Trial Period||Free Shipping||Warranty||Price Range|
|Hybrid||Firm||365 NIGHTS||And Returns||Lifetime||$899-$1499|
Firmness: How Hard is the DreamCloud Mattress
It is essential to start all discussions and reviews on mattresses with the firmness. Most mattresses are made or broken depending on their feel. Granted, that the firmness of a mattress will always be subjective.
A smaller person might find a mattress soft while a smaller person might find it very firm. We should, however, try to find the middle ground when judging the DreamCloud mattress’s characteristics.
My experience with the DreamCloud mattress is that it feels firmer than soft. Bear in mind, I am more of the heavier side of sleepers, so that means the DreamCloud is pointing to the firmer side.
If we put the firmness level in a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest, I would say that the hybrid is at a 7.5/10
Anatomy of a Mattress: What is DreamClouds Made Of
It is not surprising that DreamCloud Hybrid will contain both spring and foam as it is a hybrid mattress. The combination of both foam and spring gives the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress an advantage over other mattresses.
It can provide both support and pressure relief. Furthermore, it is also made with airflow in mind, to allow sleepers a more cool sleeping experience at night. From the bottom, the DreamCloud is made up of:
- The Base Layer where we find a thin section of poly foam. While it might seem useless to put a foam on the base layer since sleepers would not be able to feel this layer too much,it actually serves a different purpose. It acts as a cushion that allows coils to bounce off of.
- The main support system for the mattress is located in the support layer. It is composed of individually wrapped coils. This is the layer that gives the bed its bounce, firmness, and support. The springs are also spaced out evenly to promote airflow and keep the bed cool.
- The transition layer is made up of poly foam that quickly responds to pressure. As a transition layer, it is the go between the soft memory foam layer above it to the former layer of coils and springs below.
- DreamCloud could consider the comfort layer to be its main layer. It is made up of a gel memory foam layer that has a slow response to pressure. As the sleeper sinks into the bed, this provides pressure relief.
DreamCLoud’s manufacturers were also creative in infusing the cooling gel layer into the support layers. This adds to the cool airflow of the bed.
- The special cashmere blend covers the Cover. This is soft, luxurious, and cozy to the touch. It is even especially quilted with a bit of foam to add on its plushness.
DreamCloud Mattress Performance
Of course, the part that we have all been waiting for. How does the DreamCloud Mattress perform on the different aspects of sleeping. Will you be satisfied with DreamCloud’s performance? We will find out.
DreamCloud Mattress: Sleeping Positions and Weight
Just as with the firmness and feel of a bed, how comfortable a bed will be will depend on how a person sleeps. These factors also depend on the type of sleeper. As such, we tried to make a distinction of how DreamCloud feels based on these factors.
Light Sleepers (Under 130 pounds)
- Light Back Sleepers – The DreamCloud Mattress can provide ample support for these types of sleepers. Light back sleepers will feel like they are on top with the DreamCloud mattress’ firmness.
- Light side sleepers – Light side sleepers will just be as comfortable on the DreamCloud mattress as the light back sleepers. However, there might be others who will find the bed too firm for them. If so, a softer bed is recommended for these sleepers.
- Light Stomach Sleepers – Light stomach sleepers will feel at ease on the DreamCloud because it is firm. They might even find more comfort compared to heavier sleepers.
Average Weight Sleepers (130 – 250 pounds)
- Average Weight Back Sleepers- The DreamCloud mattress should offer a comfortable feeling for shese, just like the Light back sleepers. They will be able to enjoy a good balance of relief and support on this mattress.
- Average Weight Side Sleepers – Most side sleepers will probably feel the same with the mattress. Some might feel enough comfort while others might find the mattress too firm and should opt for mattresses that are best for side sleepers.
- Average weight stomach sleepers – This group might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. This is to ensure that the bed is able to align the shoulders and hips. DreamCloud just wasn’t able to provide that firmness. Dreamcloud 1199 King
Heavy Sleepers (over 250 pounds)
- Heavy Back Sleepers – Like most back sleepers, the DreamCloud will provide the best comfort it can for these sleepers. In fact, the DreamCloud Mattress might be even perfect for them.
- Side sleepers who are heavy – The DreamCloud mattress may not be suitable for side sleepers who are very strict. The comfort layer might not be able to hold out the weight and the sleeper might find themselves sinking too far and into the bed’s coil layer which may create uncomfortable pressure points.
- Heavy Stomach Sleepers – Like the heavy side sleepers, heavy stomach sleepers might find the DreamCloud mattress too soft. Heavy stomach sleepers may feel their spines and shoulders out of alignment, which can lead to back pain.
DreamCloud Pain Relief
In order to be considered comfortable, beds and mattresses should also be able to provide relief from the different pains in the different parts of the body. If you still feel pain on the side, is it really considered resting?
- Back pain – The mattress is a great choice for relieving tension in the lower back. The foam layers fill the space in the lower back which translates into pleasant pressure relief. People with back pain should definitely consider the DreamCloud.
- Shoulder pain – The mattress provides a decent amount of comfort in the shoulder area. It does provide enough comfort for side sleepers. It is not ideal for pressure relief at the shoulder.
- Hip Pain – Some people with hip pain may find the DreamCloud mattress too firm. It might cause too much pressure and be very uncomfortable in the long run. People with hip pain will be happier with a memory foam or foam mattress.
DreamCloud for Couples
The comfort of the mattress for couples is a true test. It is well-known that mattresses shared by more than one person can lead to more abuse.
As such, let us check if the DreamCloud mattress has what it takes to support and give comfort to two or more sleepers
- Motion Transfer
When we talk about a bed’s motion transfer, we are talking about how much you can feel the movement of your bedmate.
Beds with low motion transfer are more preferred especially for couples who have different sleeping habits. This allows one party to rest comfortably, even if the other party is a party animal.
In the case of the Dreamcloud Mattress, it seems to do a decent job at keeping motion transfer low. This is a remarkable feat for a hybrid mattress, as springs can often carry motion poorly.
The DreamCloud does a good job of keeping motion transfer to a minimum, but larger and more complex movements (getting into and out of bed) might cause disturbances. Dreamcloud 1199 King
The best beds for sex are those who offer a decent to good bounce. It should also be responsive especially for couples who are seeking to complete the Kama Sutra experience.
The DreamCloud’s support coils offers this bounce while the top layer provides the best comfort. As such, the DreamCloud can take a pounding (pun intended) while the couple do the deed.
- Temperature Control
If a bed can potentially heat up even if there is just one person lying on it, it would heat up faster if there are two people are sleeping on it. When judging the comfort level of a bed, temperature and cooling are also important.
It is great to report that even with two people sleeping on the DreamCloud Mattress, it still stays cool. This is because of the high-quality materials as well as the smart design to ensure the bed remains cool.
The combination of the gel-infusion and the properly spaced wrapped coils provides plenty of breathability and is just right on the mark.
Mattress Price: The Cost of DreamClouds
The DreamCloud mattress can be described as a luxurious hybrid bed. Surprisingly it comes in at a lower price than most of the competition. This is a great option for people who want to enjoy luxury without spending too much.
Check out DreamCloud’s pricelist below.
|Twin||38″ x75″||12″||50 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″ x80″||12″||53 lbs.||$999|
|Full||54″ x 75″.||12″||72 lbs.||$1099|
|Queen||60″ x80″||12″||85 lbs.||$1199|
|King||76″ x80″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
|Cal King||72″ x 64″||12″||107 lbs.||$1,499|
DreamCloud Mattress Recommendations: To Dream or not to Dream
Like all mattresses, the DreamCloud has limitations. As such, there will be people who will be happy with the DreamCloud and there will be other people who don’t want it.
To summarize, the DreamCloud would be best for:
- People looking for a good balance of bounce and pressure relief
- Couples who differ in their sleeping habits
- Couples who differ in their sizes
- For those who seek luxury at an affordable price, bed-seekers will be happy to pay for it.
- Hot sleepers
The DreamCloud may not be able to meet the needs for the following:
- Side sleepers who are strict. The review shows that the DreamCloud Mattress does not work well with side sleepers of any size.
- People who want the sinking sensation of memory foam.
- Sleepers who want a more hugging feel from their bed Dreamcloud 1199 King
DreamCloud Mattress Verdict
Overall the DreamCloud Mattress is an excellent hybrid model mattress for its price. The combination of coils and foam gives it a great balance between comfort, bounce, and support. This is something you won’t find very often at this price.
It has its merits and at what it does, it excels. It has been loved by many who first fell in love with the mattress. This mattress is a true treasure.
So is DreamCloud Mattress something that I would recommend. It is definitely a yes, provided it meets your needs.
DreamCloud Mattress Frequently Asked Questions Dreamcloud 1199 King
Why is DreamCloud so much cheaper than other brands, despite being luxurious?
The answer to this lies on the philosophy of the mattress makers.
DreamCloud is a company that believes great sleep should be available to all. As purveyors of good sleep they made sure to pay extra attention to the final cost of the luxury mattress. What they come up with is the bed that we are reviewing right now.
Is the DreamCloud hot?
The DreamCloud mattress is cool.
A combination of high-quality materials, gel-infused comfort layers, and individually wrapped support coils create a bed with excellent cooling and airflow.
Is the DreamCloud a portable bed?
No, the DreamCloud mattress is not a portable bed and it is not easy to fold and transport.
When delivered to your door, the mattress is vacuum compressed with roller presses of 10,000 lbs per square foot. This is only possible with a machine. Once unleashed, the DreamCloud cannot be refolded anain and a
How long can my DreamCloud mattress last before it wears out?
Most mattresses last 7-10 years.
However, it is only valid if the mattress has been properly cared for. This does not cover damage that may result from abuse or unusual use.
However, DreamCloud will replace or repair any mattress that is damaged by normal use. Dreamcloud 1199 King